Friday, January 16, 2015

I need to post something!  I go to bed and lay there writing a post in my mind then forget it in the morning. lol
How was your Christmas? This was one of the best ones I've had in a long time. DS2 and I (along with Homer) drove up to Indiana the day after he finished his college semester, Dec. 12th. Left DH home alone to work to his hearts content. (He joined us on the 23rd.) It's odd being in our old house and sleeping in the spare room (DS1 took over the master, of course.) It's also odd with the normal ceiling height (our new home has cathedral ceilings.) It felt kinda closed in!  We did a lot of things in the 3 weeks we were there. Went to the high school girls basketball game and saw my nephew play in the boys game. I was pleased to be invited to the Christmas party by my previous employer. Had some good food and wine there.Was really great seeing all my old coworkers!

I visited my mother in her new home. My niece had her baby girl on the 15th so I drove down to her house (about 2 hours away) and got to hold the baby all by myself for 2 hours. True bliss! Baby and momma (and daddy) are doing great. As are big brother and sister. Love them all!



Had wonderful Christmas parties with both families. My DS1 bought be an appropriate hand-painted wine glass. (He knows me well.) and my Goddaughter and Godson made me cry with the gifts they gave me. So unexpected! A lot of laughs and good food and wine.



My DH surprised me with a trip to my most favorite town in the world - Frankenmuth, MI! He wasn't with me on my birthday so he planned this overnight trip for us. More good food and wine - and Christmas decoration shopping at Bronner's! Love, love, love that place.
Then came New Year's Eve. We spent the evening with a group of awesome friends at the Swan Lake Resort. They had a good buffet, live band and champagne toast at midnight. Great time.

We celebrated DS2's 19th birthday on Jan. 2nd at Hacienda where they sang to him and gave him a nice sombrero. He loved it. (ha)
 (He's the one with the dirty elbow! lol)

Then on the 3rd we hopped in the car and drove back home. It really was a great time.
Now I'm back in sunny Florida, back at the craft table.


I've been making mini albums and will be taking some classes at my new favorite store - She Scrapbooks in The Villages.





Hope you all had a great Christmas, too!

No comments: