Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hexagons!

Finally got some time to work on a scrapbook page today. I used paper with hexagons so I could enter it into a challenge over at my favorite blog, Frosted Designs. The challenge is Fabulous Friday - Hexagons.
 In these photos are my great-grandfather, Ferdinand Erdmund Martin "Frank" Rosenbaum. They fished the Kankakee River and eventually had a cottage there. The bottom photo is Frank, in the drivers seat, with his wife, Emma Sophia (Sommer) Rosenbaum, my great-grandmother, closest to the camera, and two unknown women sitting in the back with her. On the running board is their older daughter, Leona Marguerite, and standing next to the car is their younger daughter, my grandmother, Margaret Louise. I think I'll go over to FamilySearch.org and check out the 1940 Federal Census images for Kouts and Pleasant Twp. and see if I can find them. Indiana's 1940 census is almost all indexed. Cool!

I used DCWV The Natural Stack cardstock, flowers from Creative Memories, top sticker by Karen Foster Designs and the border was punched using a Martha Stewart punch.  Hope you like it!

5 comments:

Lori Apgar said...

Awesome heritage layout!! Love the colors you used and the border punch border at the bottom!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

sandee said...

I love the old pictures, I wish we had more of my family, your layout is very nice! waving hi from the hilld of North Carolina :)

Michelle Gilmore said...

I love the vintage photos! Great use of the hexigon paper! The colors go well with the vintage photos! Thank you for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!

Sassy said...

THe photos are awesome and love how you incorporated the old with the hexagons. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

Stay True To God said...

Beautiful heritage page with awesome family photos!!! :)