Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sketch Along Tuesdays with Frosted Designs

This week sketch #36 from Frosted Design was designed by Marina. Great inspirational layouts can be found on their blog HERE. Here is my interpretation.
The two smaller photos are from DH's Grandma's old photos. It's her and her 2 sisters (The Three Sisters) cottage at Koontz Lake in 1949. I thought about removing the ink writing but that's what Grandma always did - write on the pictures - so I left it as is with her handwriting. The bottom photo is actually a postcard I found on Ebay of Koontz Lake. It says "The Old Swimmin' Hole, Koontz Lake, Walkerton, Ind." A great find!
The papers I used were from K & Company Julianne Vintage (great new pad I just bought from Michaels!).  The background cardstock was from DCWV The Four Seasons and the borders on the pictures are from the Natural Botanical stack by The Paper Studio. The sticker Simple Pleasures is from Creative Memories Reminisce and the ribbons and flowers were from my box of stash. :) I got to use my new Large Circle Cutter from Martha Stewart Crafts, too! I hope you enjoy the layout.

6 comments:

Laurie LaRiviere said...

what a nice layout, and a great take on the sketch, thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs :)

Channa said...

What a beautiful layout,love the colors it fits perfectly with the beautiful pictures. Thank you for joining us at frosted designs. Channa

Andrea Fogleman said...

I love the pictures and colors you used for this layout. Thanks for joining us for our latest sketch challenge over at Frosted Designs.

Lynn said...

You are so lucky to have those old photos. I just love your layout. Your take on the sketch is beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs. And thank you for the lovely blog comment. I'm a new follower of yours!

Tenny Kusuma said...

Such a precious and beautiful layout..brings a great memory. Thank you for playing along with Frosted Designs Challenge. :D Tenny

Stacia said...

What a nice layout and such great pictures.....Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs.