Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Birthday Cards and Pepper Ring Cheese Bars

We had our family's February birthday party Saturday. This includes my twin nephews, a nephew-in-law and brother-in-law (all on the 1st), my oldest brother and my mother.  It was a nice, sunny day. I whipped together 4 birthday cards (I wasn't sure who all was coming to the party until the last minute.) I had made my mother's at the retreat. Here's the boys cards.


I guess I forgot to take a photo of one of the twins cards. It had a space ship on it and said You're Out Of This World. Cute. ;) The top 2 were cut on my Cricut from the Father's Day cartridge and the mushroom was from Create A Critter. Nothing too fancy.

As my part of the meal, I took Pepper Ring Cheese Bars. Here's what they look like:
Ingredients are:
1 lb. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (I had Mozzarella so I used that)
1 lb. Cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz. jar of hot or mild pepper rings, drained
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 Tbsp. flour
Dash of garlic
5 eggs, whisked lightly

I put foil on my jelly roll pan then greased it with Pam. Layer ingredients: 1/2 of the Cheddar, all of the peppers, all of the Monterey Jack, and then the rest of the Cheddar. Mix all the rest of the ingredients and pour evenly over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until sides are browned. It's very yummy!

No comments: