Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mac-n-cheese

Thought I'd post my favorite Macaroni-n-Cheese recipe. Love it! Served it tonight with leftover ham that I cooked in my pressure cooker yesterday. The ham is still moist. Love my pressure cooker!

I use the Homestyle Kraft Macaroni & Cheese kit. It has noodles, cheese sauce, seasoning mix and bread crumbs. For my family I double the recipe. After four of us eat supper, there's usually enough left for my lunch the next day.
 
Here's the ingredients:
2 pkgs. Kraft Homestyle Mac-n-cheese kit
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. sour cream
1/2 tsp. pepper (red or black)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
First you make the mac-n-cheese according to package directions which involve boiling the noodles and draining, melting butter on medium heat, adding seasoning mix, adding cheese sauce.

At this point, add 1 c. of the cheddar cheese, the sour cream and pepper. Stir until sauce is smooth. Add in the drained noodles and stir together. Put all into a greased baking dish. I use Pampered Chef stoneware bowl and you don't need to grease it. Sprinkle the other cup of cheddar cheese on top then sprinkle the bread crumbs that come with the kit on top of that. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.

I didn't get a picture of the finished product before the kids dug into it!  LOL!

So, now I have to fold some clothes and get ready for ANOTHER SCRAPBOOK RETREAT!!! YEAH! I'll post some of the cool stuff we make.

1 comment:

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

Oh yum!! Mac & cheese is seriously my weakness!