Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mexican Chicken On Rice

Made a yummy supper tonight. I saw a recipe on Pinterest and played around with it. I call it Mexican Chicken On Rice because I didn't use a crockpot like the original recipe. I'm not a morning person. It's enough that I can be sure the kids are up and ready for school and then get myself ready for work. I used 6 large chicken breasts so I would have leftovers for burritos. I put them in my Pampered Chef baker and sprinkled them with my Tastefully Simple Southwest Seasoning. (I have friends that sell things...)
I smeared an 8 oz. cream cheese on each piece of chicken. I added drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans and a can of Rotel tomatoes. 
 I covered the dish and put it in a 375 degree preheated oven. It took about 1-1/2 hours to bake. I then shredded 3 of the breasts and added the meat back into the bowl. Here's what it looked like:
I boiled up some rice and then served a bowl of rice topped with the chicken. We like cheese around here so I put some taco cheese on top. It was good. Son #2 and DH gave it a 7. Son #1 wasn't hungry (which is his way of saying not hungry enough to try this.) I give it an 8-1/2. What do you think?

2 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This sure looks delish to me....
Yum-mo!

Hurfswife said...

Hmmmm, not mother like daughther....cuz I know your mom don't like cheese!