Monday, February 6, 2012

Lovely Lace

I love lacy, frilly scrapbook pages. With two sons, I don't have many opportunities to use those things, so, I look for opportunities to use them. My Dad passed away when I was six and my mother remarried a few days before my eighth birthday. Harold was a wonderful man and much loved. He really didn't like to get his picture taken and was always self conscious taking one. Thus, there were some really goofy pictures taken of him. I've taken the best of him and my mother and made some frilly pages. They are some of my favorites.

For this layout, I used Sweet and Spicy paper from Lifestyle Crafts. With my Cricut, I cut out the shape of the printed paper and mounted it on a dark greenish blue cardstock page. I glued down a ribbon across the middle and glued tiny pearls across it.  I added two flower embellishments and set the pearls around those as well. I then put on the Mother, Father and Laughter stickers. I really like the Sweet and Spicy paper. You can see the shiny flower circles that stand out when the light hits just right.


I used beautiful floral paper to enhance this layout. I added bits of lace, strings of pearls, memories quotes and stuck on a big ol' flower.  I love this picture of my folks!

No comments: