Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chicken Elegante

I cooked again tonight! I used a recipe I cut out of a magazine probably about 15 years ago. (I used to cut them out and put them in a spiral index-card tablet. Haven't added any since laptops came along though.)

I took five boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned them with Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt and browned them in a little butter.


While they were browning, I mixed 2 cups of Stove Top Stuffing-Chicken Flavor, 1 cup of boiling water and 2 tablespoons of butter and let that sit while the chicken browned.


The recipe calls for 1-1/3 cups of broccoli but I didn't have any so I used frozen green beans, thawed. Put the browned chicken in a baking pan. Stack a layer of stuffing on top of the chicken, add some green beans on top of that and cover with one 12-oz jar Heinz HomeStyle Chicken Gravy.

Cover and bake at 350 deg. F for 30 minutes. Yum! DH gave it an 8 and both boys gave it a 7. One didn't like the stuffing spices and the other said it had too many green beans. I give it a 9. Enjoy!

No comments: